שיחות עם הנביא הגדול - דויד ברקן

מה שבא בנושאי אולטימייט

מנהל: אחראי Ultimate

שיחות עם הנביא הגדול - דויד ברקן

הודעהעל ידי Dori » ד' אוקטובר 25, 2006 9:52 pm

שלום לכולם,
דויד ביקש שנפתח לו נושא כדי שהוא יוכל לעזור לכולנו לקדם את האולטימייט בישראל.
דויד יכתוב כאן איך הנושא הזה יתנהל.
(נא לשים לב: לא לנהל שיחות אישיות, ולהקפיד על תגובות שמקדמות את הדיונים. כל השאר ימחק)

תודה
Go with Your FLOW
תמונה
<<------------->>
סמל אישי של המשתמש
Dori
זורק ספין על

הודעות: 6336
הצטרף: ה' ינואר 08, 2004 10:19 am
מיקום: Tel Aviv - Israel

Re: שיחות עם הנביא הגדול - דויד ברקן

הודעהעל ידי הדרקון הגדול » ה' אוקטובר 26, 2006 5:46 pm

נביא נביא אז שיביא :wink:
הדרקון הגדול

הודעות: 206
הצטרף: ג' יולי 04, 2006 10:13 pm
מיקום: תל אביב

הודעהעל ידי David Barkan » ש' נובמבר 04, 2006 7:51 pm

Hi, David testing here.
סמל אישי של המשתמש
David Barkan
Grand Prophet

הודעות: 34
הצטרף: ד' יולי 20, 2005 2:55 am
מיקום: San Francisco

Israeli Ultimate

הודעהעל ידי David Barkan » ב' נובמבר 06, 2006 9:17 pm

<div dir=ltr>
Hello Ultimate Animals of Israel...

I will offer some things to think about and try as the Israeli Junior Program goes from good to GREAT!

Improvement is number one, for you as an individual, and for your team. This must always be your priority.

Never be too satisfied with yourself!

Remember, there is always someone out there working harder than you to be better than you, so get to work and don't give up and things might go your way when it counts in a game- or they still might not. But you'll know that you did your best, and you'll try harder next time.

For now focus on yourself. Pick three things you need to improve from the list below. If there are more than three you want to work on, pick the three that you think you can make real progress on in the next 6 months - the easiest to accomplish for you.

Tell your teammates/captain/coach what your three goals are, and tell them to give you feedback. Tell them you want to know if you are improving in these areas, and to be honest. Let me know what you are working if you want.

When you and others are satisfied with your progress on these three goals, go back to the list and see if there is more to work on. Pick two or three more and repeat the process. This list should keep you busy for a few years if you take it seriously!

1. Break the mark forehand
2. Break the mark backhand
3. Cutting and getting open when covered tightly
4. Hucking forehand
5. Hucking backhand
6. Catching consistently
7. Laying out and catching
8. Laying out and blocking
9. Cutting to the right places
10. Getting rid of the disc and moving again
11. Making good complete throws 90% of the time
12. Getting out of the way when someone else is cutting

One last tip - practice moving the disc faster from person to person. Unless you are setting up a longer cut, move that disc and keep the defense off balance. When you release the disc, RUN, DON'T WATCH!

Have fun and keep up the spirit!!!!

David
</div>
סמל אישי של המשתמש
David Barkan
Grand Prophet

הודעהעל ידי David Barkan » ב' נובמבר 13, 2006 9:11 pm

<div dir=ltr>
Check this out:

http://www.ultivillage.com/Ultimate-Fri ... lahan.html

Why is this clip so great? Because it shows how important defense is, and how it always wins games. It does not matter what level you play at, defense is the heart of ultimate. If you want to become a great ultimate player, you have to make defensive plays. Throwing and catching goals is just not enough. So think about and practice your D and I'll have more tips for you soon!

David
</div>
סמל אישי של המשתמש
David Barkan
Grand Prophet

short passes

הודעהעל ידי itamar_r » ד' נובמבר 22, 2006 7:50 pm

<div dir=ltr>
Hey dave
well not to feel usless I`m watching all the videos on Ultivillage....
after looking at the 2006 final Furios V sock eye I saw that most of the points were from long throws and not a short passes game.
so I`m asking -
1 - is short passes is realy the new era in ultimte?
2 - does those team play mostly set playes for long runs? or just great deep runs?
3 - if we know that we`re playing Vs a hucking team what kind of D should we set? simple as last back ?
</div>
If it doesn`t FLOW,
Then let it GO
itamar_r

הודעות: 113
הצטרף: ה' נובמבר 25, 2004 5:36 pm
מיקום: הרצליה

short and long passes

הודעהעל ידי David Barkan » ה' נובמבר 23, 2006 4:15 am

<div dir=ltr>
You are right, Itamar, long passes are IN, but not with all teams. They work great for the teams that have the big receivers. The fast and often tall guys that can always outrun their defender.

These teams, like Furious George and Sockeye have such great athletes and such fantastic huckers that they will get a high percentage of these throws. Having guys who can sky when the throw hangs ups the percentage even more.

Problem is, everyone wants to be like them, so they do the same stuff, pass short passes back and forth while they set up a long cut, then hack and pray.

But they just don't have the elite level talent to pull it off and it is ugly.

It is fine to have the huck option, but few teams in the world can win consistently with this strategy.

This is why I want israeli teams to llok at the Rhino game plan. They had a great season, making their first nationals and playing right up there with the big boys. They have less talent, height, and speed, but they can beat anyone. So what do they have?

They break the mark whenever they want, so every pass is higher percentage. They are that good at it.

They take EVERY pass that is open and sure, even if it is two meters away. They know if they keep the disc moving the defencse cannot set up or relax. Every pass creates new opportunities and they take advantage of each one. if there is a long pass, great, but most of the time they are looking for 100% passes that will break open the field and break down the defense. Watch them and ;earn to play like them, because until Israel gets monster athletes who can pull down anything and outrun anyone, this is the strategy of the day.

How do you defend this hucking offense? Sure, you can stand behind them and push them towards the disc, and they might take it. But the good ones will take you in and fool you, then take off towards the goal and get the huck. Smart poaching will help, for sure, but great teams will be looking for that too and pul people away.

Put it this way, you just play great individual and team defense and when you get the disc, which you will, you don't turn it over. Sounds simple, but it is not, as we all know.

So what is the BEAUTIFUL GAME of ultimate now?

I think it is a mix of the controlled offense with calculated and opportunistic hucks mixed in to keep the defense guessing. My opinion, anyway.

David
</div>
סמל אישי של המשתמש
David Barkan
Grand Prophet

more

הודעהעל ידי itamar_r » ה' נובמבר 23, 2006 1:25 pm

<div dir=ltr>
dave thanks for the answer,
so basicly the ultimate lineup is 4-5 good handlers that can run and 2 deep athletics...
and there you have a team that its impossible to beat.
also how often does teams uses set playes? like in basketbaal or football.
is it important to work on that ? and have set playes?
as I see it once the team reaches a point where they have perfect flow they dont need the set playes (off course I`m not talking on the endzone)
</div>
If it doesn`t FLOW,
Then let it GO
itamar_r

the position

הודעהעל ידי itamar_r » ה' נובמבר 30, 2006 1:21 pm

<div dir=ltr>
hey Dave and you all.
well I`m sitting in class now , and as always my mind is set on Ultimate frisbee.

I wanted to bring up a new subject:
The Handler is a main character between equales on the field, I would to hear opinions about this and ore then that lets try to make a list of point for 3 main positions on the fiels (handler, cutter and deep) and in those points lets try to discribe the ultimate player for each.
points such as qualities, abilities and more...

Itamar
<div>
If it doesn`t FLOW,
Then let it GO
itamar_r

clarify please

הודעהעל ידי David Barkan » ו' דצמבר 01, 2006 8:17 am

<div dir=ltr>
Itamar, are you asking to list qualities for each position, like what kind of player does best in that position and what skills they should have? Or is it another question?

Thanks,

D
</div>
סמל אישי של המשתמש
David Barkan
Grand Prophet

dave

הודעהעל ידי itamar_r » ו' דצמבר 01, 2006 2:48 pm

You got it right....
If it doesn`t FLOW,
Then let it GO
itamar_r

Positions

הודעהעל ידי David Barkan » ש' דצמבר 02, 2006 9:04 am

<div dir=ltr>
A few of my thoughts on positions - I'll get the thing started and let's hear from others.

OK, I think it is fair to say almost all players start as deeps, unless they have excellent throws already. As people learn to throw, they gravitate to experimenting with being a cutter in the midfield, and even in the back field. The ones who like that backfield action often turn into handlers.

That said, I am not a big believer in sticking to fixed rigid positions and here is why: I want the guy covering me to never know which way I will cut, because I want to be dangerous deep AND cutting back. So if I really want to have the advantage over every defender, I have to be a great triple threat. The guys you see who really dominate on the top teams here, particularly Furious and Sockeye, have handlers who love to go deep, deeps who come back for a big cut and stay back to help, and cutters who do it all. On those teams every person can huck it and every person can bring it down.

I think this is what you strive for. It does not mean you don't teach these positions, but you must not hold people to them rigidly. If a good deep wants to learn how to handle, don't discourage him because he is a great deep and should focus on that. Every player should be as well-rounded as possible, so be patient as each player expands the range of what they can accomplish. That way, when any person on your team gets the disc, they are a threat, and are not thinking about just completing a pass. To make this happen the typical handlers have to get out of the way at practice and support others do the work and learn.

As for primary positions, I like to think of four:

1 -The Handler- Likes to start the play off, feels very comfortable with lots of pressure (even likes it), and can deliver the disc anywhere anytime. The handler has to be very quick, not necessarily a sprinter, to get open on give and goes, for dumps and swings.

2. The First Cutter - This guy has balls, because he is the one everyone counts on to get the disc when they need him to. He is quick, tough, and the best one s are super speedy and can get open at will. They must love pressure too, becasue they HAVE to get open to get the play going.

3. The Second Cutter - The only real difference between the first and the second cutter is the second cutter specializes in big long cuts, that go back to the disc, away dfrom the disc, or cross field. These guys generally have big steps and are taller or great jumpers since they have to pull some tough throws down. Sure they can go for the small cuts, but they love the wide open throws and need lots of room.

4. The Deep - The deep is the guy who is your pure athlete. They have to be the fastest sprinters on the team (try a 60 meter dash) and need to be physical so they vie against the big boys when the disc hangs, LIke I said before, the deep should have the ability to take you back into the disc and pump it long to the handler, but in my experience only the really great teams and players can pull that kind of consistent athleticism off

Worth shooting for, for sure.

David
</div>
סמל אישי של המשתמש
David Barkan
Grand Prophet

חזור אל אולטימייט- שיחה חופשית

מי מחובר

משתמשים הגולשים בפורום זה: אין משתמשים רשומים ו 5 אורחים